Psychology On Keen is now an NDIS provider of psychological and behaviour intervention services for people with disabilities.
Psychology on Keen offers the following Services:
- Developmental assessments (for children 0 – 16 );
- Cognitive (IQ) assessments using standardised psychometric tools (for children and adults);
- Adaptive assessments;
- Mental Health Assessments for people with disabilities;
- Behavioural and Risk assessments for people with disabilities;
- Child Centred Play Therapy (CCPT);
- Filial Therapy;
- Parent – Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) ( the psychologist is currently registered for clinical training and supervision with Karitane).pcit_general;14c.-CALM-Puliafico;
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Parenting support services;
- Behaviour intervention support services; Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) based interventions.
- Autism Diagnostic assessments (using ADOS-2 and ADI-R assessment tools);
- Therapy services provided under the Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS);
- Therapy services provided under the Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) and Better Start (under transition programs to NDIS).
Fees and Rebates:
The recommended fees by the Australian Psychological Society for psychological services until 31 June 2016 for a standard consultation of 45-60 minutes is $238 ( Please see APS Fees for more information). However, at Psychology On Keen the fees charged for many services are well below the APS recommended fees.
For example, Psychology On Keen’s fee schedules for Child Centred Play Therapy (CCPT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) is $120 (for 45-50 minutes therapy session)
– Phone/ face to face consultation 1 hour $ 120
30 minutes $60
15 minutes $30
Medicare Benefits Schedule Fees and rebates ( as of 1 July 2014) are as the following:
Service length Schedule fee Rebate
60 minutes $160 $84.80
Psychology On Keen therapy $160
Bulk Billing to Medicare will be considered on a case by case basis. Please speak to the psychologist regarding fees and charges. A Mental Health Care Plan from your GP will be required.
Autism Diagnostic Assessment: The assessment will be conducted over several days:
- Clinical interview with Parents and/or preschool or school teacher (2-4 hours), fees include scoring, interpretation of ADI-R Questionnaires, file review and report writing ( up to 6 hours) $ 500
- Clinical interview with child and Play-based assessment ( ADOS-2) with child (1.5 hours) $ 400
- Feedback with parents and multiple copies of report $ 200
Total of Autism Diagnostic Assessment: $1,100 (no rebate is available for this diagnostic assessment)
Cancellation fees: Please be aware that Psychology on Keen has cancellation policy which is based on the time the psychologist sets the appointment missed.
For a 45- 60 minutes appointment cancelled by the client the fees are:
0 – 24 hours’ notice: Full fee will be charged
24 – 48 hours’ notice: 50% of fee
48 hours – 7 days’ notice 25 % of fee.
Please also note that under ATAPS, HCWA and Better Start do not cover cancellation fees.
Medicare rebates are available for many of the services. Please speak with the psychologist to discuss if you are eligible. Private Health Care holders will need to speak to their fund in regards to rebates.
The psychologist is registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (generalist scope) and complies to a comprehensive Code of Ethics and other ethical and legal guidelines.
All personal information gathered during provision of the psychological service will remain confidential and secure except when:
- it is subpoenaed by a court of law; or
- failure to disclose the information would place the child or another person at risk of harm; or
- your prior written consent has been obtained to provide or receive information from another professional or agency, such as your child’s school, GP, paediatrician, legal representative or relevant government department.
Consent / Release Form
As part of the provision of psychological services, the psychologist will need to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your current situation necessary as part of the psychological assessment and treatment conducted. This is need in the event that your child’s case requires liaison with any third party. Written consent for such liaison is essential. The psychologist will discuss this portion of the form with you and advise if third party liaison (such as school, doctor or other) is indicated.
If you are referred by your doctor it is a requirement under Medicare that a letter be sent by the psychologist to your doctor after the initial appointment, after six sessions and after ten sessions, or at the time of completion of treatment. This letter will detail the outcome or your assessment and treatment with the psychologist.
It is strongly recommended that you are not to leave your child at the clinic for their appointment. Your child may need your support during this time.
Importance for young children’s safety: Psychology On Keen would like to ensure your children’s safety. On your arrival at the clinic and at departure, please hold your child’s hand. Holding your child’s hand and holding on the rails as you walk up or down the stairs is highly recommended for yours and your child’s safety.